The Seed Science Foundation’s Excellence in Science Award recognizes achievement by a public or private researcher whose accomplishments have had an impact in the areas of: Breeding Systems, Seed Quality, Seed Production and Technology, Seed Health and Pathology, Digital Agriculture, and Seed Applied Technology. Nominations will be accepted from July-December each year.
Submit a nomination letter, 3-page limit, that includes:
- Nominee name and contact information
- The nominees work history and merits
- Completed research by nominee and benefits/impact to the industry provided by it (2-page limit)
- Impact of research should be scalable and can be built on
- Name of nominator and relationship to nominee
- OPTIONAL letters of support – each letter should include the author’s name, email and phone number
Send all documentation to Ann Jorss.
The applications will be reviewed by the Vice Chair of Research and a committee of at least one representative from each subject area. The committee will be an odd number not to exceed 9. Special attention will be given to nominees that have been supported by the American Seed Research Foundation or the Seed Science Foundation.
The award will be presented at the American Seed Trade Association’s Leadership Summit in June. The awardee and nominator will be notified by May 1.